Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fall Fall Fall


Hello Blogos!

I am new to blogging, my friends. And no I was not just trying to do a McCain impersonation, but it came out that way, didn’t it? Anyway, fall is in the air and all around us. (Okay so I wrote this post a couple weeks ago and forgot to post it. I'm still learning, okay?) So I thought I’d write about some wines that scream “FALL!” to me. I would never peg fall as my favorite season, because to me it signifies the end of summer, which I love. And the beginning of winter, which I don’t love so much (I have poor circulation.) But that's not to say that there aren’t some lovely things about these months. And I think the food and wine are a big part of the loveliness. Of course I think food and wine are what make every season lovely, but fall especially has a very traditional menu that calls for the perfect wine. And no, I’m not thinking of Turning Leaf, that E & J Gallo mass produced wine that I am sure you have seen ads for in many a magazine. I am thinking of Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir makes me feel like this:



If you can’t take it from me (after all, we haven’t even known each other for 3 posts yet,) take it from Craig Koketsu, the chef at Park Avenue Autumn (Winter, Spring, Summer, etc.) Each season, as they redecorate and change their menu in full, they also create a flagship wine, custom blended for the restaurant. This season it is a delicious Pinot Noir from the Alma Rosa winery in Santa Rita Hills region of Santa Barbara County.

I know what you are thinking right now. Maybe. Or at least here is a guess, since its what I would be thinking. “Park Avenue Autumn? That place is price. I’ve really really wanted to go there, its supposed to be delicious. Too bad I can’t afford it. I thought this was a blog about cheap wines?” Don’t judge so soon blogos! I am writing about it for a few reasons. For starters, I want to gloat in the fact that I was lucky enough to be taken there for a fantastic dinner by my boyfriend's parents. It was quite yummy.

But more importantly, Alma Rosa winery is worth knowing about, and not all of their wines are custom blended for fancy restaurants. So since I’m still learning how to write short posts, I am going to leave you in suspense about Alma Rosa and elaborate all about them in my next post!

No comments: